Thursday 30 May 2013

Release - grieving

Release - the process of letting go...

It's time to let go
It's time that I grieved
To mourn expectations
And what I believed






To change old connections
To my memories old
Cutting the ties
To the stories I've told

For that happened then

And it's a new day
In my present and future
The past cannot stay

My heart is so grateful
For what went before
But I'm letting it go
And I'm closing the door

Another one opens
As soon as I do
The one to my future
Where my dreams can come true

I am grieving - the loss of what cannot return... the past and it's stories... I m grieving my expectations of how it might have been if I knew then what I know now... I am grieving my expectations that others would read my mind and right all wrongs... I am grieving the fact that I cannot manipulate time and make it all perfect... I am grieving for the lost happy moments that I see in photographs... I am grieving for what has gone and can never return...

I am celebrating all the good times... the hugs and the birthday parties... I am celebrating christmas carols and sledging in the snow...  I am celebrating my education and people who pushed me to learn when I wanted to play... I am celebrating years of support... of so many kinds... I am stopping and counting my blessings... one by one... and there are so many... I am looking back with gratitude, acceptance and love in my heart... and noticing what I did not notice at the time... the treasures and gifts of my past....

I believe that those who went before would want me to be happy... would want me to move beyond their limits... to do more than they dared to do... to carry on and find my own path to happiness... I believe they stand behind me supporting me... as I am their legacy...

I am noticing that everything that happened brought me to this moment... and was supposed to happen... so can be who I am... and where I am right now...
I am noticing that everything unfolded exactly as it was meant to unfold...


I am turning around... holding onto the past takes so much time, focus and energy... that I have decided to let it go... with my thanks and blessings.... because that was then... and this is now... because I cannot go back... but I can go forward... so I am turning my attention... my time, focus and energy on the present day... on being happy and having fun right now...

And I am using my energy to create dreams for my future... positive powerful dreams... making them so amazing... so that I want to step towards them... I want to take action to make them come true... dreams so inviting that they pull me towards them like a magnet... step by step by step...

I am imagining two paths... one to my past and one to my future... I am waving goodbye...  turning around and taking the path that leads me forward... 




No comments:

Post a Comment