Wednesday 22 May 2013

Honour - Namaste

Definition of Honour
1 to give or win respect, regard, esteem, credit etc.
2 to show courteous behavior towards
3 to keep (one's promise); fulfill (a previous agreement)


Opposite - to disrespect or break one's word, to betray
  


I honour us all
Each part that we play
Time spent together
As we find our own way

These children and I offer you a greeting.. Namaste to you - which means...

the light in me recognises and honours the light in you. For me really being seen... not for who I am on the outside... not for my body or face... but who I am behind my eyes... the deepest part of me... is something that touches me... that offers a real connection...

The first time I was introduced to the word Namaste I was on a course, the word was explained and then we were asked to move around the room looking into each others eyes and offering this greeting - this blessing... it was much more than our usual western hello or handshake - it was a chance to make a real connection... to drop the armour... to be real and truly open... I cried...

Do you wear invisible armour to keep others at a safe distance? Do you judge others by their outside appearance or inner beauty? Do you judge a book by it's cover or the words it contains? How often do you really let your guard down and feel safe enough to connect?

This is just a word... said with hands together... just a greeting.. but if we all learnt it... shared it with our children... taught it to family and friends... used it every day... to greet people openly... and see beyond their bodies to who is inside...  how different would our relationships become? how differently would we communicate? how much more honour would we have around us? and if this were to spread... like a pebble dropped into water... sending ripples out... to touch others and be shared... into schools... into places of work... what might happen?

So I invite you to use this simple greeting.. to look into the eyes around you... maybe beginning by offering this greeting to yourself in the mirror... and bringing youreslf this greeting... honoring who you really are...

Then spreading it in any way you can... share this posting... share it's message... the light in me recognises and honours the light in you...

As I am sharing it with you as I say to you - Namaste 


I Namaste and bow my head
A blessing that endures
I recognise behind your eyes
My light it honours yours


Gratitude - noticing
Acceptance - Judgement 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment